It’s not always easy to stay positive alllll the time, and keep a good mind set too… But lately I have been doing certain things and adding them into my daily routine to help make my life more positive!
- My new number one rule for when I begin my day is… NO SNOOZING! This has become a big no no. I used to press snooze all the time for my alarm for work, but I’ve realised that I wake up much more awake if I don’t “tease” my mind into having a quick 5 minute lay in. If that makes any sense? haha! Try it out ☺️
- DRINK GREEN TEA!! I used to never be able to even sip any sort of green tea, but it’s like I’ve trained myself to somewhat enjoy it? I have noticed a lot of improvements in my skin and health since I’ve been drinking green tea, which has also helped me keep positive! Whenever I get quite bad skin it makes me feel conscious and quite paranoid… So having clear skin defo helps to keep a positive mind 😊
- I promised myself that when I go back to work after the summer holidays, I wouldn’t let anyone or any situation get me down. I’m not going to lie it’s been hard as we now have all the students back, which has made it quite tense and stressful. But compared to last term I have been a lot more stronger within myself at keeping my mind set decent at work. I’m not like ignore people with what they say or do, but I’m kind of just letting things go in one ear and out the other. Unless it’s important of course 😂
- WATER!! Just as simple as drinking a lot more water has really helped make each day more positive. It probably sounds silly but honestly, drinking a good amount of water benefits you in many ways… like having healthier skin, better hydration and so many more things! I used to at least get one headache each day, but now I hardly get any 😁 so I’m more “buzzing” instead of wanting everyone to be quite…
- I am usually the kind of person who can get put down very easily and let something bug me so much that I just can’t get on with my day, and I end up sitting watching a film or tv show… (doesn’t sounds too bad I know, but when I have a list of things that need to be done, it’s not too good to pricrasinate…) In the summer (while I had a lot of time to think before going back to work), I made a little brain storm/spider diagram thing about what makes me happy, what I enjoy doing most… And then I made a promise to myself that, no matter what happens at work or even out of work I will NOT let my mind dig deep into what ever is going on, and I have to make sure that I always do as many of those things on the list that make me happy! For example one of them is blogging, what a surpriseeee 😂. So I’m going to make sure I keep to my schedule with posting, and just do what I enjoy and keep up with it. And not let “things” get in the way of anything!
- A simple one like going on walks really helps! It gives you time to clear and refresh your mind, even come up with great ideas… That’s usually what happens to me, and then I rush home to note them down before I forget them. I’m also my dogs new favourite now haha 😆
- I’m not one to really talk about my problems, or even just talk about something that’s on my mind. So I knew this was something I had to try and sort out to help make my life more positive. It has been quite a challenge but I’m getting there, slowly but surely.
- I don’t think that this is just me, but I cannot wait to move into my own house one day and become completely independent! Don’t get me wrong I love the home that I live in right now, and I am so god damn grateful to my parents for living here, but I still just can’t wait to decorate my own living room, bedroom, bathroom… It’s just such an exciting thing to me 😊 I have been creating a scrapbook full of my future plans and sticking inspo ideas in, and just planning pretty much everything out. It is really lovely to look through my scrapbook and build on it when I’m not having the best day. It gives you something to look forward to! Also something to do to take your mind of anything.
- Another simple thing that I used to just “forget” to do – read before I go to sleep. I find that when I stare at my phone screen or the ipad watching videos trying to get to sleep, it keeps me up a lot longer.. I think it’s the brightness possibly?? So I have been reading a book until I drift off. It has worked a treat!
- WRITING! Writing is how I can escape everything. I’ve always hade a diary growing up, I used it as a way to talk without feeling or being judged… no one who can actually speak reads them, so I’ve never felt like someone is judging me. I can say what I like and however I want to word it, it’s great! I’m not going to lie, I don’t write in my book every night… just mainly when my head is starting to get clogged up with things, no matter how big or small the issue or “thing” that is on my mind, I just write it down and honestly I feel better straight away. Just to get things off my chest helps clear my mind, which then helps keep my thoughts positive too! I really do recommend even jotting down whatever’s on your mind before you sleep ☺️
I really hope that any of these 10 things that I do to help make my life more positive, can help you too!
I have been thinking of making a “series” about ’10 things that ____…’ monthly like I do my favourites every month. Let me know if that would be something you would enjoy? Also if you have any ideas on what you would like me to do 10 things about!