I was so excited for my second Lookfantastic beauty box buttt… 😬
I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t too impressed with this one. Each box is a complete surprise, you never know what you’re going to get… Which means that yes, sometimes you won’t like what you get as much as other months. To be honest though, that’s okay because I got to test out products that I probably wouldn’t even bother looking at in a store.
Let’s jump right in and talk about the items that I got in my 2nd box 😊. I’m going to start of with the products that I did enjoy!
- KARL LAGERFELD + MODELCO Brow Pencil – I’ve been wanting to buy a new brow pencil for a while now, luckily I got one in this box. It’s the perfect shade for me too, so that was great! I was really impressed with this product, it glided onto my brows and brushed in well, so it doesn’t look too “blocky” or anything. When this pencil runs out I will actually be gutted, but I will defo be purchasing it for myself 😆.
- LOOKFANTASTIC Beauty Blender Sponge – Like the brow pencil, I’ve actually been needing a new beauty blender for ages! It’s been one of those things where every time I use it, I say to myself “ugh why haven’t I brought another one of these yet…”, I always seem to forget to add it onto my shopping list. But when I opened up this beauty box and found one, I was so happy! I started to think that LookFantastic must be reading my mind or something, haha 😂.
The last couple of products I didn’t really get on with. They we’re all interesting to use, I just wouldn’t use them in my daily routines or look at purchasing them for myself. Maybe I wasn’t using them properly..? I don’t know. They just aren’t the best products that I have received.
- ILLAMASQUA Hydra Veil Rehydrating Gel – When I first read about this product I really wasn’t sure if I would use it… I thought it was quite weird yet interesting to have a jelly sort of consistency before my foundation. The results with the application of the rest of my make up, we’re actually really good! I felt like the product picked up and held my foundation on my face for a lot longer, and my skin seemed a lot more smoother underneath too.
- The only down side to this product would be… that since I have been using it, my skin has broken out quite a bit. I know this could be down to anything… but since I have stopped using this gel, the breakout has really calmed down. My skin just didn’t seem to agree with this item 😒.
- GROW GORGEOUS Scalp Detox – I’ve never used a scalp detox before, so I thought that this would be pretty fascinating to test out. When I first applied this product a cold tingle started happening which I found quite uncomfortable. This made me want to wash it off straight away. I’m not sure if this is because of the weather being chilly which made it feel too cold on my head. I haven’t really noticed anything with this product… Saying that I’m not sure what’s mean’t to happen when you use it? I will retry the scalp detox though, because I do want to get some use out of it.
- Dr Botanicals Pomegranate Superfood Brightening Eye Serum – For a couple of days I added this product to my skin care routine. On the first day of testing this item, about half way through working, I felt the need to keep blinking because my vision seemed like it was a tad blurry… (you know when you get like a little spec of blur or something in your eye, and you ask all the people around you to see if there’s anything stuck in your eye ball? Please say you get what I mean 😂). I didn’t put it down to this product, I thought maybe it was just one of those blur specs. But it happened again the next day, and the next after that. I made sure to not apply it too near to my eye as well… So I’m not sure why this kept happening to me. But sadly it did put me off trying this product again.
Overall I’m not mad at the beauty box. I’ve had the opportunity to test new products out, good and bad 😊. Even though I didn’t like all of them it was still interesting to see what they could do!