The first month of 2019 is complete! I’ve kept to my goals for this year so far, staying positive and been motivated 😊.
My January Favourites:
- SONG: This month I have gone a little bit back in time… I literally cannot stop listening to songs like; Sugababes – Push The Button, Jamelia – Superstar and Atomic Kitten – The Tide Is High. The best thing about some of these songs, is that they are on Heart radio all of the time, and that’s what we listen to at work. So I get to have my own little bop? Can I say that? Bop??
- BOOK: I promised myself that I would start reading a lot more in 2019…. and I have managed to keep to my own promise 😊. After watching my new fave series ‘YOU’ (which you’ll read about in the favourite below), I just had to buy the book and see if it had the same outcome as the series. Not going to lie, I did prefer the series, but I still enjoyed reading the book.
- MOVIE/SHOW: OMG please tell me that you have watched this series on Netflix called “YOU”?! It’s a bit weird but at the same time so god damn addictive. I totally did not watch it in like 1 day…
- SOCIAL MEDIA: I haven’t really been on social media that much, most nights I have just read a book and dozed off… On my lunch break Twitter has been good company though. I guess its just more reading, and that’s great for me 😊.
- QUOTE: “Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow.”
- SNACK: Does cereal count as a snack? If it does then that is 100% my favourite! I could honestly eat a bowl of cereal for every meal of the day.
- MAKE UP ITEM: I have probably mentioned this in a blog before… but the most used make up item that I have is mascara. I’m always buying new ones to try out. My fave this month is one that I brought from Wilko –> Essence – The False Lashes Mascara. Whenever I wear this I swear everyone who looks at me, compliments my lashes with how long and full they look!
- SKIN CARE PRODUCT: How annoying is this… For the last couple of months my skin has actually been really good to me, and probably the clearest it has been in a while. BUTttt, the past couple of weeks my skin has broken out pretty bad! I’m not too sure why? At the beginning of the month I introduced a few new skin care products, and then I broke out and my skin just hasn’t calmed down ever since then… So I stopped using the new products and now I’m hardly doing anything to my skin… I’m trying to give it some time to do it’s own thing..? The only routine I really have with my skin right now would be, once or twice a week I’ve been using an old facial wash that saved me back in college, Neutrogena – Visbly Clear Pink grapefruit facial wash and a Magnitone Facial Brush to apply it. I think it has been helping to clear my skin? I’ll keep you updated 😊.
- HAIR CARE ITEM: At the beginning of the year I decided to dye my hair a “purpuly/reddy” colour. Every now and then it’s nice to have a little change, it can really boost your self-confidence and positivity 😀. I know that in last month’s faves I said that I finally found a really decent shampoo and conditioner, but I have actually changed my mind again, and I am obsessed! Even though I have dyed my hair, it’s still full of volume and flufflyness. I defo recommend using the Aussie Mega collection. It really does give a mega result!
- PHOTO OF THE MONTH:
- THING I HAVE DONE: I don’t know if this is going to sound completely sad and silly but, since I left college I actually lost my closest friend and we just lost contact among other things. I do have other great friends that I am so thankful for, don’t get me wrong! But the friendship that I lost in college was such a big thing to lose… But recently we got back in contact and started working on our friendship! I’m so glad that we made the decision to meet up, chat things through and just have a good old chin wag 😊. I can really see us getting stronger and re-creating memories that we have missed.
What has been the best thing of January 2019 for you?